A copy of the print version of the Application for Enrolment Kit is also available via the school office.
It is the policy of the school that enrolment of children will be in the following order:
- Catholic children
- Siblings of existing families (Catholic or Non-Catholic)
- Where positions are available, children from Non-Catholic families
- Where the resources of the school permit, children of special needs will be accepted.
- Parents must be willing to uphold the values of the school community.
- Parents must make themselves aware of, endorse and where appropriate, undertake to participate in all activities of the school curriculum and community.
- Parents must agree to pay in full, all fees and levies in accordance with the Fees Schedule laid out in the St. Augustine's Parents Handbook, as a minimum contribution to the running of the school.
- Parents must undertake to contribute their time and support to the various active groups in the school community. This can be done for example, by supporting P & F Meetings, fund raising efforts and school maintenance activities.
- Parents of Non-Catholic children must allow their child to take part in all the activities of the school, including religious education and Mass.
- All parents must recognise that it is their responsibility to provide Christian values in the home environment, and that the role of the School is to support and reinforce these values.
The School Principal is required to interview the family of all applicants for enrolment, and will ensure that enrolments are within the above criteria. Final enrolment is dependent on the discretion of the Principal.
All children registering for Prep must meet the following requirements:
- Pupils MUST turn five years of age by the last day of June in the year they commence school.
- Birth certificates MUST BE PRESENTED. Younger children will not be enrolled.
- For future sacramental preparation, we require an extract of copy of your child's Baptismal Certificate.
Providing our school has the facilities to cater for non-Catholic children, and parents are committed to the values of our school, we respect the right of parents to choose to join our Christian community.
Prep Hours & Attendance
Prep hours are 8:35am - 2.50pm. (Any children arriving before 8:35am and after 8.20am must go to the covered area where the principal is on duty. Prep hours are the same as all other classes.
Enrolment Procedure for Other Year Levels
As a Catholic Primary School, we are obliged to accept children who are transferring in from other Catholic Schools. We are open to accepting enrolments from other Christian denominations who have the same beliefs, ideals and will support the school's aims. We feel we will be enriched by their presence.
In addition to the information contained on the Enrolment Form, parents should notify the school of:
(a) Reports from the previous school attended.
(b) Details of anything out of the ordinary in respect of the child's health.
eg. any special hazards, treatment, allergies.
(c) Details of any medicine to be taken while at school.
(d) Reasons why the child cannot participate in sporting activities.
(e) Any reasons why the child might not be performing as well as he or she should.
It is in the child's best interest if parents would be open about these matters.
For more information on enrolling your child and relevant documents, visit the Catholic Education website.